We recognize our responsibility to help protect the planet. We are committed to minimising the impact our firm has on the environment and supporting those who are working to improve global environmental sustainability.
Our environmental-footprint strategy seeks to address greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and waste across Co-Treetment operations as well as striving to strengthen our environmental practices. We will comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
For 2022 Co-Treetment are Carbon Neutral
The key elements in calculating our emissions profile are shown below.
- Co-Treetment is run and owned by 3 people; Simon Evans; Darrell Taylor and Keith Cox.
- We only operate in the UK.
- We have no buildings or offices.
- We have no employees.
- We have no company cars.
- We all live approximately 25 miles from the field where we plant trees.
- We administrate the business from home and on average spend 3 days per month each making sure the business runs smoothly. That’s 1 day homeworking and 2 days field working.
- We have planted 39 trees to offset our emissions for 2022 making us Carbon Neutral.
We are planning to become Carbon Negative in 2023 by not only adding more trees but also via investment in a Verified Carbon Reduction Project.
Co-Treetment assessment summary data is provided in the image linked to this post. We are proud to be making positive improvements to our planet, whilst being Carbon Neutral and look forward to more customer engagements in 2023.
Simon Evans, Darrell Taylor, Keith Cox
Carbon Neutral – this is achieved when an organisation has measured its carbon footprint (CO2e) and then carries out carbon offsetting activities to try to remove the same amount of CO2e from the atmosphere.
Carbon Negative – this is when a company chooses to offset more carbon than they produce.